The Altonwood Golf Group is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Altonwood Golf Group may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st January 2012.
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title.
- contact information including email address.
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Altonwood Group, Street Court, Rooks Nest Park, Godstone, Surrey, RH9 8BZ.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Altonwood Ltd is the parent company of Street Court Leisure Ltd, Surrey National Golf Club Ltd, The Addington Golf Club Ltd, Westerham Golf Club Ltd and Woldingham Golf Club Ltd. Altonwood Limited is registered at Street Court, Rooks Nest Park, Goldstone. Surrey RH9 8BY
Company Registered in England and Wales No: 1536806. VAT No: 989 8357 28. Altonwood Ltd are data controllers and data processors and will use your personal information as described in this Policy.
We take the privacy of our customers very seriously and we are committed to protecting your personal information. If you have any questions in relation to the information we hold about you or our use of that information, please feel free to contact us: Simon Hodsdon, Director. Street Court, Rooks Nest Park, Goldstone. Surrey RH9 8BY
We collect information about you in several different ways, including when you provide information on our website, in correspondence with us, by email, post or telephone and when you book to dine or use our golf facilities.
When you make a purchase, enquiry, subscribe to information through our website or book our restaurant, rooms or catering service we will need to ask for certain pieces of information to process your booking, purchase or enquiry. The information we collect depends on which of our services you use but could include the following personal data:
Why we collect it:
- Title - So that we can identify you to personalise our services to you.
- First Name - So that we can identify you to personalise our services to you.
- Last Name - So that we can identify you to personalise our services to you.
- Month of Birth - To allow us to personalise our service to you by means of special offers
- Email address - We ask for your email address so that, where you have indicated your acceptance, we can send you confirmation emails regarding your booking and any of our company offers.
- Telephone number - We ask for your telephone number so that, where you have indicated your acceptance, we can call you or send you SMSs/text messages regarding your bookings.
- Payment Details – So we can process your booking or purchase from us
In addition to the uses described in the 'What information do we collect?' section above, we may also use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To respond to your enquiries. For example, if you complete our online form, write to us, email or telephone us, we may use the contact details that you have provided to respond to you. We will not use these for marketing purposes unless you give us your express consent. We may retain these details on our system in relation to your enquiry;
- To provide our services to you;
- To improve and personalise our services;
- To take payments due to us;
- To process online golf bookings or levy card top ups
- where you have agreed that we may do so, to send you details of our offers and promotions and other products and services that we think may be of interest to you;
- For internal analysis and reporting. For example, we may keep records of your visits to assist us to identify market trends and business levels;
- To manage your membership and communicate your special offers and keep your communication preferences current;
- To host, administer, improve our website; and/or
- For other purposes clearly stated on the page or other method in which you provide your information to us.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we hold.
- Access to your personal information is restricted to only those Altonwood Ltd employees that require it to process bookings and communicate with you.
- All electronic and online booking systems and communication platforms are password protected and/or encrypted (including third party suppliers).
- All payment information including card payments are processed in real time through PDQ terminals and full card information is never stored electronically.
- Periodic scans are completed of Altonwood Ltd electronic devices and computers in accordance with PCI DSS COMPLIANCE.
- We will never ask for card details by email, only online through our payment platform and via telephone orders/deposits.
- Euro Systems Projects Ltd is our third-party partner for ecommerce
- There is someone with specific responsibility for Data Protection within Altonwood;
- Everyone managing and handling personal information understands that they are contractually responsible for following good data protection practice;
- Everyone managing and handling personal information is appropriately trained to do so;
- A regular review and audit is made of the way personal information is held, managed and used;
- Methods of handling personal information are regularly assessed and evaluated;
- A breach of the rules and procedures identified in this policy may lead to disciplinary action being taken against the members of staff concerned;
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following ways:
- We do not share your information with any third-party companies or organisations for Marketing or Advertising purposes.
- As required by law;
- Where we need to do so to enforce our rights or protect our interests (for example, to enforce the terms of any contract that we have with you).
- We may pass your personal information to third parties for the prevention of crime, fraud, money laundering and for the tracing of debtors.
When you provide your information, we give you the opportunity to choose to receive further information about products or services provided by Altonwood Limited, including special offers, which we believe may be of interest to you.
You can opt out of receiving this information at any time by unsubscribing from our email communications or contacting the Office Manager, Street Court, Rooks Nest Park, Goldstone, Surrey RH9 8BY
If you opt-out of receiving marketing communications, we will keep a record on our system that you do not wish to receive communications from us.
You have the right to obtain information from us on how we collect, process and hold your personal data and why we require this information; as set out above.
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies or out dated information in the personal information we hold about you.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the personal information held by us. As a security measure, we may require proof of your identity before we make any changes to your information or provide a copy of your information. We reserve the right to charge a small administrative charge if you ask to access your information.
You have the right to ask us to remove all personal data we hold for you when we have no reason to continue holding or processing the data (note by law, for accounting and auditing purposes we are required to hold a certain amount of data for a minimum period).
You have the right to stop marketing communications at any time. You can just click Unsubscribe on any marketing email you are sent or let us know at any time by sending an email to
Please contact the Office Manager at Altonwood Limited, Street Court, Rooks Nest Park, Goldstone, Surrey RH9 8BY if you wish to update your information, correct any inaccuracies or obtain a copy of your personal information.
We may update this Privacy and Cookies Policy from time to time to ensure that you are kept informed of how we use your personal information and in compliance with GDPR. We will notify you of any significant changes by flagging the updated policy on our website or by sending you an email.